READ GALATIANS 2:17-18
THE LAW DOES NOT LEAD TO GODLINESS
1. It has a wrong view of sin; as if what you eat or what you don’t eat is important. Those kinds of things which were important to the legalists, Paul is saying are not important.
2. It has a wrong view of the Law; as if the law can change someone’s heart. God’s law can’t change someone’s heart. God didn’t give His law to change someone’s heart. He gave the Law amongst other things to keep a nation functioning as a nation until Jesus came to fulfil it.
3. It has a wrong view of Jesus and a wrong view of faith in Jesus; as if Jesus is incapable of leading us to godliness. Jesus is our sanctification. He is the one who makes us holy. The righteous man will live by faith. Not by law.
1. It is not the will of God. God says I have died to the law.
2. The Law is a lower standard of living than what God intends for you and I.